Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Real Life Writing

Today I'm sharing with you my brief "writing resume," a list of the many roles that writing plays in my life as an adult. I often share some bit of "real life" writing when I talk about this in Nonfiction Writing, and in recent weeks, my real life writing has mostly been centered around memorial writing to remember and honor my dad after his death. If you're interested, you are welcome to read the obituary I wrote for my dad (with some research help from my aunt and a bit of collaboration from my husband), published in print and online in The Sheboygan Press. I'm also sharing the eulogy/reflection I wrote and delivered at my dad's memorial service.



Also, I'm playing a short video with some comments from Aiyishat Akanbi. She's a "cultural commentator, artist, and stylist." If you're interested in learning more about her, here's a brief interview with her.

No comments: